TIME MANAGEMENT TIPS
1. Set Goals for yourself: short-term and long-term
2. Record Assignments: Use an agenda, planner or pocket calendar
3. Make a daily "to-do" list: Prioritize what you want to accomplish that day
4. Use spare time wisely: Read on the bus ride when going home, to games or what waiting for practice to
begin. Also when given class time to begin homework, USE IT!!
5. It is okay to say "NO" to interruptions: Keep focused on your goals! For example, if your employer asks
you to work an extra shift it is okay to say no if you are preparing for a quiz or test the next day.
6. Find the right time and place: Know how you learn best, what time of the day you concentrate the best as
well as choosing an environment that will make you successful
7. Get plenty of sleep: Lack of sleep can make you irritable and less productive. Plan you time so that you are
in bed at a decent hour.
Organize a study area
Designate a specific work area at home to keep ALL of your school materials. When you get home in the afternoon, put everything right there. Keep it organized and free of clutter, and all of your things will be easy to use and EASY TO FIND.
Use an agenda, planner or pocket calendar
Record not only homework assignments but also due dates for projects. Fill in all of your commitments (practices, club meetings, work).
Keep each subject separate
Set up different folder, 3-ring binders or notebooks for each subject. Be sure to follow any instructions from teachers that may want you to have a certain type of binder or folder for their class. Take a few moments each day to keep up with this organization. Be sure that papers are in the correct folder, punch holes for papers in binders, and put materials in some type of order. By date usually works best, so DATE EACH PAPER YOU RECEIVE.
Get ready the night before
Make a habit every night of pulling things together. Since you now have an organized study area, this should be easy. Make sure an alarm is set for the next morning and you know what you are wearing (lay it out!). Then get plenty of sleep!